Monday, October 1, 2007

Went to Suzanne Vega's Show Yesterday

Twenty or more years ago, I felt that a twelve-year-old girl could choose only one of the two biggest female pop stars of that moment to look up to: either Madonna or Suzanne Vega. In my mind, one canceled the other out. I wonder what kind of a 33-year-old I would have become had I chosen Madonna at that particular junction. I'm sure I would have been fine, but I probably wouldn't have become exactly as I am now, and I like what I'm like.

4 comments:

Biciklista said...

That's exactly how I feel about choosing Halid B. over Halid M.
It's one of those choices that shapes the rest of your life.

Snezana Zabic said...

Flawless analogy. Flawless.

Unknown said...

Ah, Snezana, this is why I look up to you so! For I chose Madonna...

Snezana Zabic said...

Ha ha ha! They have much in common, for example they're both trained dancers.